Monday, February 27, 2006

Stop the arguing with this handy Busy Bee chart

With three kids under 5, I got very sick of listening to the whining and fighting over petty little daily problems. I don't like playing the referee all day, so I created this fridge Busy Bee chart to help me.

Each day, one of the kids is the assigned to be the Busy Bee. They are the little decision maker for the day. They choose everything from what movie to watch at quiet time to who gets scrubbed in the tub first. When the kids are fighting, the busy bee gets to be the ref and decide who should win.

I know it sounds simplistic, but it has saved me from so many hassles. Now instead of running to me to solve problems, the kids try to work it out on their own. They know that I'll just tell them to ask the busy bee. It's been almost 18 months since I made this chart and it's still one of my favorites. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Download this free file on my website www.MeckMom.com. Just click on the downloads tab.Posted by Picasa

No comments: