Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Job Chart that actually works

Hey there, just thought I pass along this little tip. I finally created a job chart that works for our family. I ran around the house and took pictures of all the rooms and jobs (when they were clean). I laminated all of them and added velcro to the back. I used black foam-core and black velcro to create the backboard.
Much to my suprise, it's been 6 months and it's still working. The handy part about it is that it's completely adaptable. We don't always have the same jobs each week (I like to rotate my neglected areas :) ). This job board is handy because I can grab the pictures of the worst rooms and throw them up on the board Saturday morning. Better yet, it gives the kids an example of what I expect the room to look like when they're finished. Even little Emily can figure out how to clean the living room simply by looking at the picture. Once the kids have their jobs done, they are free to watch cartoons or whatever.

On the back, I used to have a daily job board (make bed, brush teeth, etc.) However, now that the kids are in school much of the day, I think I'm going to change it to a money job board. I'll post pictures of money jobs in columns of $ ($1 jobs, $5 jobs, $10 jobs, etc.). The back is also a handy place to stash the extra photos as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean $0.05 and $0.10 jobs :)