Monday, February 27, 2006

Keep your kid's drawers organized with these cheap dividers

I'm not a big fan of dressers. They take up a lot of room in our tiny bedrooms and they're tough for my little kids to use. The drawers are always heavy and most of them are out reach for my little ones. I bought 5 of these plastic drawers for each of my kids and stacked them in their closets. They're easy to open and see through so my kids know just where to find what they need.

My kids have a tendency to dump everything out when they're digging for socks, undershirts, tights or other little items. I created these easy dividers for their underwear drawer to help them keep things organized. I bought a sheet of foam-core posterboard and trimmed it to the size of my drawer. I then used clear packing tape to affix them to the front and back of the drawer. I also covered the cut edges (on the top and bottom of the divider) with packing tape to keep them from getting worn.

I've used these drawers for years and think they were worth every penny. My kids are 3, 4 & 6. Thanks to these simple drawers, they're all able put away their own laundry and pull out the clothes they need. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This looks great! I'm wondering what your drawer's categories are. And do you have anything hanging - like church dresses? I'd like to implement this but would like a few more details. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

MeckMom said...

Thanks for the question, Erika. I'll make a new post today (June 22) to clarify the details of the system.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me what size the drawers are?