Friday, January 19, 2007

Keep your car cleaner with this under-the-seat solution

To survive as a parent, you have to be able to multi-task. Unfortunately, your car does as well. All too often my kids end up finishing their breakfast on the way to school, eating lunch on the way to soccer or munching a snack on the way to church.

To help my car survive the many mini-meals, I came up with this easy solution. I removed the label from an empty Crystal Light tube and stuffed it full of plastic grocery sacks. Whenever I start to see the mess accumulating or when I'm getting gas and have a trash can handy, I just reach under the driver's seat and grab a sack from the tube. I pass it back to the kids and they dig around the car for any potential trash. The tube can hold around 10 sacks, so I rarely have to worry about refilling it. As a bonus, they also come in handy for stops at the mailbox and trips home from the pool in the summer.

To help prevent the tube from rolling around, I made another tube for napkins/paper towels and used two large rubber bands to hold them together. The rubber bands grip the carpet a little and help keep the tubes right under my seat. I'm sure there are tons of other ways you could use them as well, loose change, coloring pages & crayons, wet wipes, etc. It's a simple, free, solution that has tons of potential. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joyce said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing...gotta run get some Crystal light now!

Jennifer said...

I love that! It's always such a nuisance dealing with the litter and detritus, but this will help keep it under control. Thanks for sharing!