Wednesday, October 11, 2006

End those midnight runs to Walgreens with this simple solution

We've all been there. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and of your kids has a fever. You fumble around the kitchen trying to track down those little plastic thermometer things and your half-empty bottle of Tylenol. After many late night trips to Walgreens, I came up with this simple solution.

I bought this inexpensive 3-drawer organizer at Target for around $7. I divided our medicine stash into 3 sections.

Supplies: This drawer hold all the extra stuff like thermometers, Vapo rub, dispensing syringes, cough drops etc.

Adult Meds: This one holds all the medicines for adults

Kid Meds: This one holds all those boxes of chewable tablets and syrup bottles

This handy box sits on the top shelf of my pantry. Obviously, it's not a revolutionary system, but its simplicity is what makes it work. Now when my daughter comes into my room in the middle of the night I just pull the whole kids meds drawer out of the box, find what I need and slip it back in. It's simple, cheap, and incredibly useful. Just thought I'd pass it on. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love those plastic drawers! I have a nice big closet in my master bathroom, but, really, it's too big to find anything in, plus it has the wire shelves that everything falls through. So, I got a bunch of drawers and labeled them - one for makeup, one for dental products, one for soap, one for my daughters' ribbons and barrettes, etc. It's made my life sooo much easier!