Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Keep important documents organized with this simple binder system


I'm not a fan of file cabinets. They're bulky, expensive and inconvenient. I like everything within reach so I use three-ring binders filled with sheet protectors and keep them in my kitchen cupboard.

One of my favorites is my important documents binder. I've got dividers for Vital Records, Insurance, Mortgage, Cars, Credit Reports, etc. The sheet protectors keep all of these critical documents safe. Each member of the family has a sheet protector in the vital records area. I keep their birth certificates, passports, SS cards, and shot records in it.

The thing I love about this system is its convenience. Whenever I have to make a trip to the DMV, register the kids for school, visit a new doctor, whatever...I just grab the binder. Whatever paperwork they need, I always know I'll have it handy.

It's also great for emergencies. If there was a fire or any other type of crisis, I know that all our critical info is within reach. It's been a great system for me. Just thought I'd pass it on. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BSU fam said...

Excellent idea. Keep them coming. I love to see how you do things.
Mindy