Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finally...an organizing magazine for real people

As you may have noticed, my posts over the past few months have been a little irregular. Belive it or not, I actually have a really good excuse for my procrastination…I’ve been writing.

Earlier this year, I was approached by a new national magazine to write an organizing article for their inaugural issue. The founders of the magazine had read my blog and thought that my overall approach to organization fell in line with the mission of their magazine…to offer doable organization projects for real people with real lives. Naturally, I was thrilled to have the opportunity.

Several months and many edits later, I am still writing (hence my lack of posts lately). I am currently working on my third article for ORGANIZE magazine. It's been a lot of work, but the result is well worth it. The magazine is fabulous and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Granted, I’m a bit biased, but I can honestly say that after seeing the preview for the inaugural issue I would subscribe in a heartbeat. Not only are the articles down to earth and doable, but the advertising for various organizing tools and websites function as a great resource as well.

Please don’t misunderstand my intentions here; I’m not trying to sell you anything. I don’t make any money from this plug and the creators of the magazine did not ask me to promote it on my blog. I just love the whole concept of the magazine and wanted to recommend it to my readers. The first issue comes out in June. Although it will be carried across the nation by various distributors, I highly recommend getting your own subscription. The price is only $20 for the entire year.

If you’d like to see a preview of the magazine or if you’d like to subscribe, just visit their website: http://www.organizemag.com/. I hope you enjoy it.

-MeckMom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go MeckMom. My dh saw the $20 on the credit card bill and asked what that was for. I told him it was to subscribe and he said (with smile on his face) "couldn't she just copy her article for you?" I'm excited to see it in print. Your awesome! Mindy