Saturday, April 14, 2007

Get more storage space from your closets

Moving into our new house last month has required a lot of adjusting. Our new place has different quantities of cabinets, closets, and even living spaces. One of the biggest changes has been the loss of our basement toy room. Consequently, I've had to use a little ingenuity to find new ways to store tons of toys in small spaces.

In our old house, these inexpensive stackable shelves used to stack vertically and house my son's books in his closet. In our new house, I gave them a new purpose by laying them horizontally across the top shelf in my daughters' closet. The cubbies provide convenient toy storage for the rarely used items and allow me to take advantage of the loads of available space above the hanging bar. This same technique would be great for a hall closet, mudroom, or laundry room. Just thought I'd pass it on.

I purchased my shelves at WalMart for just under $10 each. I couldn't find them on their website, but I found a similar product at Target.com. Here's the link so you can check out what you're looking for before you head to the store. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-6/qid=1176559378/ref=sr_1_6/602-2013175-7747016?ie=UTF8&asin=B0002I248G
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tina Di Mauro said...

Very interesting blog. Kiss kiss