Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lazy Susans: Keys to a functional fridge

I hate to clean my fridge. Next to scrubbing my kid's bathroom, it's my least favorite job. It's not that it's particularly difficult, it's just time consuming. Pulling out and replacing all the contents takes almost as long as the actual cleaning itself. I used to use small plastic baskets to hold bottles and jars, but they looked bulky and forced me to pull out the whole basket to find what I needed. Then my mother-in-law passed along this helpful tip.

Pick up a few inexpensive 'lazy susans' from your local super store. I found mine on the clearance shelf at WalMart for $2 each. Place them on your fridge shelves to hold misc. small items. The rotating base makes it easy to find exactly what you're looking for…no more knocking everything over to get to that big jar of applesauce in the back. It also speeds up the cleaning process significantly. Now when a spill hits, I just pick up the lazy susan, wipe the shelf with a Clorox wipe and set it back down again. Simple, cheap and functional. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: