Monday, August 28, 2006

Never wash a germy dish cloth again

I've used these blue "shop towels" in the garage for years. Then one day, I ran out of paper towels in the kitchen and used these as a backup. I was amazed at how well they held up under water. They have the convenient disposablity of paper towels, but never fall apart when wet; even after a full sink of dishes. You can ring them out and reuse them over and over again. In fact, one of these towels usually lasts me the entire day.

They worked so well that eventually I pitched all my old germ-carrying dishcloths and bought a paper towel holder for under the sink. I still keep paper towels on my counter for little spills and touch-ups, but when it comes to dishes and wiping down kitchen surfaces, I always grab one of these. I buy mine in bulk at Costco, but you can find them at almost any super store in the automotive section. Just thought I'd pass it on. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found with this system I can do the dishes and before I throw the towel away I throw it on the floor and clean up any sticky stuff. Wahoo, no mopping (until it is really gross)
Thanks for you brilliant ideas.
Mindy